Skip to main content

Breaking Bad

We all have bad habits we're trying to ditch. 

Mine is my temper, and a lot of times I wished I could go one week (I say one week because I manage to survive one day before so yeah) without thinking of strangling anyone. Yes, strangle. You read that right.

I have issues with my temper, meaning with what ticks me off. I get annoyed at people who do not mean what they say. I have issues with people who don't use their common sense, or their brains to think. I get ticked off at people who are all talk and no walk. I get angry at people who took my seat when their seat is just the next aisle. Simply said, ignorant people annoy me, which constitutes most of Malaysians, which also means, I get angry. A lot. 

So yeah, I am somewhat a She-Hulk, but it doesn't mean that I go around scowling at people. Most of the time I don't show my expressions, because I never gave myself an excuse to show my anger towards people who are not even involved because that's just plain selfish (I get annoyed at that kind of people too) but I feel guilty all the same for even thinking of getting angry. 

It's really hard, to not be angry, but each and every time I lose it, I cried for my weak imaan, for not being able to control my temper. I feel bad about thinking about hurting someone, and the only thing that's stopping me is that I am a Muslim now, and I can't even bitch about the people that I get angry at, which gives me a lot of pressure internally. 

But I still pray that Allah will help me channel my anger to the right cause, like the evil Zionists for example, and not for petty causes like people jeopardizing my routine and stuffs. I still try not to get angry, but of course, even trying is hard, when you have been angry all your life. 

I hope I can be like Hulk, you know, like in the Avengers movie. I mean, this part.




Man, I love this part.

(let us all now bow our head in silence to reflect on Hulk's awesomeness)

When I say I want to be like him, I meant, I want to be like him as in, being able to control my anger and direct it to a beneficial cause.

Anywaysss, my point is, just keep trying.

Just as how easy it is for you to cultivate a bad habit, it is also not impossible for you to lose that bad habit of yours, especially those that compromises your growth as a Muslim.

It's hard, yes, but it is also not impossible. After all, with Allah as your helper, everything is possible. 

Salam Isra' Mikraj y'alls.

Peace out and salam alaykum warahmatullah.


Comments

  1. Have you ever heard of 'tranquil fury'?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)

Popular posts from this blog

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...

A letter for you

Date: 4th of September 2009 Assalamualaikum to my fellow sisters and brethrens, who will be one of the occupants in Jannah, insyaAllah. First of all, this is a letter that I composed to all viewers. A letter full of my real thoughts and dwellings, a letter of hope and pain, a letter of almost the truth. So here goes nothing. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, Dear brothers and sisters, The thing that triggered me to write such a letter is a post, that I read on someone’s blog. It reminded me, well, of about everything . Every single thing that I worked for, every single thing that I fought for. Yes, my story had started long enough, ever since I was back in high school. 2007.... My friend was fasting. I felt excited because I tried fasting too and it’s in the fasting month, yes, I remembered it well. I followed my Muslim friends where I woke up early for sahur and break my fast at Maghrib. I was doing it because I thought it would be fun and why not, since I was dead eager to k...