Today an interesting thing happened. I have seen it coming from afar, and I have fretted over and over, dreamed nightmares of the same story line, and here it is, my fear turned into a reality. Funny thing is, I am somewhat calm and relaxed about it, although I have to admit some part of me wished it wasn't real and this is just one of my many nightmares, but of course, it is written.
As I let the news sink in, I imagined myself lying on my back on vast field of grass and the wind slowly caressing my cheek and strands of escaping hair. I stretched and folded my arms to support my neck. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and inhaled. I am living in the moment. Nothing matters. The past, the future, what matters is this second, the now.
I always do this whenever I feel stressed about things beyond my control. This is what they called as being 'mindful', if I am not mistaken. It is an art of preserving the state of mind, to avoid panic and to truly embrace what really matters. This practice is also useful for us to be grateful of what we have, instead of worrying about what would happen and things that is in the past.
It doesn't matter that you were abused and neglected as a child. It doesn't matter that your peers seem to bath in money while you're still struggling to make ends meet. What matters is how we appreciate what we already have, and now, you are still alive, and with His grace, you are still alive to make amends for your past sins. You are still given a chance to make things right. There's no such thing as a second chance because Allah's forgiveness doesn't stop there, there is no limit. The only one putting that limit is you and you alone.
Once you have accepted your reality, let go, and let God.
It is time for Him to lift you up. Kneel and pray, prostrate and bow down to the Almighty; only then, will you be free.
As I let the news sink in, I imagined myself lying on my back on vast field of grass and the wind slowly caressing my cheek and strands of escaping hair. I stretched and folded my arms to support my neck. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and inhaled. I am living in the moment. Nothing matters. The past, the future, what matters is this second, the now.
I always do this whenever I feel stressed about things beyond my control. This is what they called as being 'mindful', if I am not mistaken. It is an art of preserving the state of mind, to avoid panic and to truly embrace what really matters. This practice is also useful for us to be grateful of what we have, instead of worrying about what would happen and things that is in the past.
It doesn't matter that you were abused and neglected as a child. It doesn't matter that your peers seem to bath in money while you're still struggling to make ends meet. What matters is how we appreciate what we already have, and now, you are still alive, and with His grace, you are still alive to make amends for your past sins. You are still given a chance to make things right. There's no such thing as a second chance because Allah's forgiveness doesn't stop there, there is no limit. The only one putting that limit is you and you alone.
Once you have accepted your reality, let go, and let God.
It is time for Him to lift you up. Kneel and pray, prostrate and bow down to the Almighty; only then, will you be free.
Comments
Post a Comment
Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)