I gather that almost everyone knew this song by Maher Zain right? Well, how about the story of an australian revert named Ruben(Abu Bakr)?Yesterday i went to an usrah program. The program started with iftar jami'e and then we have a talk that night by the mas'ulahs, Kak Cah and Kak Das.
During the Kak Das' slot, she showed us the Open Your Eyes clip(Ruben was also in it). You can search for the clip on Youtube. While watching, Kak Das said something about people who are lucky to be given hidayah. When she was talking, I can't stop myself from crying publicly. I was sobbing terribly and i need 10 minutes to stop crying. Usually i would restrain from expressing my feelings but this time, i just can't hold it in.
I watched the clip before way back when i was still in KTT but the feeling is so different. Watching the clip, makes me feel so grateful to be one of the few people who search for the truth, searching for a guide, searching for Islam. I am so grateful that ALLAH gave me the light, shown me the way. MashaALLAH, syukur alhamdulillah. I am so lucky to be one of the chosen ones.
I don't know what i would be if i hadn't found Islam.
I don't know where i'll be if i hadn't been in the situation i'm in now.
Probably i would still be that social girl who were so lost and back then, before i become a Muslim, i have that moment where i was trying to find a way to seal the void that i feel in my heart. I thought that by doing something fun, i will de-stress myself but i tried almost everything.
Karaoke.
Shopping.
Watching movies.
All these things, i did, because i thought i can unwind. That's what i think.
Yes, all that worked, but temporarily.
I keep on wondering, thinking to myself, what is wrong with me? Why do i feel so empty? Why do i feel so lost? What is missing from my life??
And that is how i stumble with the way of life, Islam. I am curious, intrigued by the perfection that Islam portrays. I can never find flaws in its teachings. That is when i decided to become a Muslim.
And alhamdulillah for I was given the strength to go on with that decision. Alhamdulillah.
Alhamdulillah.
Alhamdulillah.
Alhamdulillah....
Alhamdulillah!!! =)
ReplyDeleteThe sweetness of being a revert!
i love this post.
ReplyDeletetheres this one post on a similar topic that hits me hard, http://ummuafeera.blogspot.com/2010/07/dari-400-000-lebih-calon-spm-di-seluruh.html
May Allah make us steadfast to this deen inshaAllah, may we die with iman in our heart, and syahadah on our lips.
Alhamdulilah...
ReplyDeleteYes, every enjoyment on this earth is "temporary". You can't own them forever and it's never heal our heart. Only Allah swt may give Hidayah, only Him we are praying to..