There was once a roadrunner and a coyote. They never met each other but they bumped by chance.
Since then, the coyote keeps chasing after the roadrunner, but the roadrunner always outruns him, each and every time.
The roadrunner felt good about winning, and running away from the coyote felt like a big accomplishment, at least the best thing she could ever do, or so she thought.
But one day, as the roadrunner ran, she decided to turn her head, looking at the coyote as she ran from him. For the first time, she stopped. The coyote, surprised at the roadrunner's behavior, slowly walked towards her, he didn't want to rush it afraid she was just playing around with him again. But she didn't. Not even when he finally met her face to face.
The coyote was confused.
"Why did you stop?", he asked and what she said removed his hunger pangs immediately.
"Because you look so lonely."
The coyote and the roadrunner eventually talked things out and got closer by day.
"Why are you always running away?" the coyote asked one day.
"Because it's easier, and it's a lot less painful that way."
The roadrunner went silent afterwards but she looked at the coyote in the eye and said,
"I can't promise you that I won't leave you when things get complicated."
"If you do, I'll just chase after you, like I always did."
***
I suddenly felt the urge to write this. My father in law said that I am a roadrunner, hence, the stuff I made up.
Comments
Post a Comment
Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)