Skip to main content

That woman.

In the name of Allah,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran

***

It's funny how my brain works. The moment when I declared out loud that I don't know what to write, suddenly all those ideas come rushing in. I can't believe I got troll-ed by my own brain. -_-*

My mental image of my own brain right now :



I know right? I'm totally influenced by 9GAG.

***

Anyway, what I'm about to share is of my own amazement to this one woman who is somewhat close to me, perhaps not in physical, but I hold her close to my heart. I will not directly reveal who she is for fear that she might someday bump into this article so I'm going to try make it as vague as possible.

She's a woman of 40 plus and she is happily married to an equally pious husband. She has been bestowed with 7 equally pious children and on the outside appearance, she seems normal like everyone else, and she seems like your everyday-bump-at-the-market-auntie. She wore long jilbab and always wore either baju kurung or the jubah. In short, let's just say, her external appearance looks average. Nothing special. Nada.

And why are these details important? Because for me, she is no ordinary 'makcik' (auntie), and she is one of the strongest women (I don't mean physique-wise, of course) I've ever known, and I thank Allah greatly for letting me get to know her, and make her one of my unpaid carer. Truth is, up till now, I've never met anyone like her and whenever I looked at her, she always reminds me of the stories of the sahabiyyas during the Prophet times. She reminds me of Saidatina Khadijah.

You might wonder why I complimented her to this extent, but wallahi, if you knew what happened in her life, and how she reacted to it, I am pretty sure you're gonna say pretty much the same thing.

She owns 9 branches of a business she's running, and she told me that the three things in business world that will never cease to exist; food, education & another thing which I fail to recall. She told me she started her tadika business because she wanted to work in an innocent environment. Well, children's are undoubtedly pure and sin-free, and providing education for them is perhaps the best form of ongoing deed you can make. I loved listening her speak because whatever came out of her mouth never failed to amaze me. But of course, she is still a normal human being and she's undoubtedly not free from the possibility of erring.

People usually chose strategic spots whenever they want to open up another branch for her business but she opens her new branch wherever her employees lived, so that it is convenient for them to commute to work. Allah blessed her intentions and made her business a blooming success, and just so you know, that 9 branches? That was also the exact amount of year up till now since she first started the business, which means, 1 branch per year. Like I said, Allah helped her. A lot.

That's just a minor part that I'm impressed of. There are also other things which, I think if it happened to me, I wouldn't have been able to face it like she did. For example, there's this one time, a kid who went to one of her tadika got hit by a car right in front of her establishment, and he died. Seriously no kidding, that kid really died.

I was shocked when I came to know of it and of course, her, being the manager of the establishment, she was held responsible for that kid's death. But she kept calm and this is what she always said to me,

"Inilah kasih sayang Allah."

Allahuakbar. Even now as I am writing this, my eyes can't help but tear up.

Again, that's not all. There are far worse and rather unfortunate events that happened to her, but she kept on saying the same thing over and over again.

I came to know of some of her stories because sometimes she couldn't make it whenever we have an arrangement to meet up, and I will ask her persuasively what happened, because she's not the kind to break her promise.

In short, she inspired me to be like that too. She taught me the true meaning of being at peace with Allah's decree. May Allah bless her and her family with continuous blessings for trying to adhere to the Deen like holding hot coals in their hands.

I, on the other hand, am still learning to be stronger by day and though I have come to a point where I simply chuckled(yes, I chuckled -_-") at the face of unexpected events, I still sometimes wish I am wayyy stronger. Strong to the extent of being at peace, like the sahabiyyas during the Prophetic times. So far, I am still at a point where I'm being strong because I have no other option left.

I pray that one day I'll be able to be someone as strong. But of course, praying to be stronger would only mean that you're inviting greater trials to come your way, and that's how it is.

But still, alhamdulillah that I get to face all these trials as a Muslim. Alhamdulillah.



41:30

Sahih International
Indeed, those who have said, "Our Lord is Allah " and then remained on a right course - 
the angels will descend upon them, [saying], 
"Do not fear and do not grieve but receive good tidings of Paradise, which you were promised."



OK babai, nak pegi jogging~   <---motif?

Salam alaik and salam jumuah barakah.




"Sometimes we can't just say "Allah has a better plan for us." 
We have to believe He does."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...

A letter for you

Date: 4th of September 2009 Assalamualaikum to my fellow sisters and brethrens, who will be one of the occupants in Jannah, insyaAllah. First of all, this is a letter that I composed to all viewers. A letter full of my real thoughts and dwellings, a letter of hope and pain, a letter of almost the truth. So here goes nothing. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, Dear brothers and sisters, The thing that triggered me to write such a letter is a post, that I read on someone’s blog. It reminded me, well, of about everything . Every single thing that I worked for, every single thing that I fought for. Yes, my story had started long enough, ever since I was back in high school. 2007.... My friend was fasting. I felt excited because I tried fasting too and it’s in the fasting month, yes, I remembered it well. I followed my Muslim friends where I woke up early for sahur and break my fast at Maghrib. I was doing it because I thought it would be fun and why not, since I was dead eager to k...