In the name of Allah,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
We must hurt in order to grow, fail in order to know, & lose in order to gain. Because some lessons in life, are best learnt through pain.
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
My first post of the year and I chose to talk about this? Anyways, it seems that nowadays, sorry to say, MOST('most', not 'all') guys aren’t that
reliable anymore. Even the security guard at our hostel gave me the wolf
whistle when I passed by and that is the person you rely on for your safety in
the campus. Just plain ironic.
Before you get me wrong, I’m not trying to put down the
opposite sex here. There ARE some rare species of gentlemen that i’ve
encountered before and my my, do they surprise me.
I remembered once when I was carrying a heavy wooden chest full
of skeletons half my size, on my way back to the hostel and being the petite
size that i am, it was really wide so i had to like carry it in some sort of
unstable fashion until there’s this one guy suddenly came to me and said, “Here,
let me help you with that.” I was stunned but I gave him the wooden chest
anyways and quietly followed him from behind. He helped me carry it all the way
to the gate of my hostel and after thanking him, I continued my journey to my
room, still stunned with what happened. Someone just did me a good deed and I
was surprised? What kind of world are we coming into these days?
I also remembered this one time I was struggling with heavy things
(yes, i guess almost everything is heavy for me) and there’s this one guy, held
the door open for me. So, actually there are occurrences of this phenomenon but
unfortunately, it is rare.
I understand why is it that not many guys are willing to be
the gentleman type.
First, perhaps they are afraid of being labelled as someone
trying to make a move on someone. #prejudice
Second, maybe they’re shy?
Third, perhaps they don’t know whether they should,
especially when it is some stranger.
I don’t know. I guess chivalry is not that common these
days.
Too many times have I struggled with heavy baggage, and
since I travel a lot, each time, no one is there to help me and really, I think
i would really appreciate it if they helped even if they’re some stranger.
Unless they came with the expression of having an ulterior motive, then it
would be me making a 100m sprint away from them. Heh.
When I read about the companions of Rasulullah s.a.w., I am
not sure of his name but it was during the time when our mother, Aishah r.a.
was being accused of adultery. Before that she was accidentally left behind. SubhanAllah,
I am really sorry but i forgot the details. But what i remember is that she was
on the camel of one of the companions that happened to pass by where she was
left off and he walked in front of the camel, leading the camel towards their
destination, all the way. I doubt if nowadays if i were to be lost, i doubt it
if i would be unharmed if i were to follow a guy in the middle of nowhere,
where no one is there, and no communication is at hand.
I am not saying that most guys are bad these days(but
unfortunately there are some truth in it), but I guess I couldn’t help but wonder
why it was so different now and then. So I came to the conclusion if all were
to follow the Quran and examples of our forefathers, these terrible things
wouldn’t have happened.
The one crime that I am really scared of was the crime of sexual
abuse. It was scary to even think about it, and most of time, I travelled
alone, and i can’t help but pray that I will reach my destination safely,
unharmed. Naudzubillah. May Allah protect us from having to experience such a
terrible thing.
The worst part is, most of the rape crime that happened here
in Malaysia are done by Muslims.
Why are we threatened with this kind of problem?
Aren't the Muslim brothers supposed to protect us?
Where are our knights in shining armours?
I hope guys that are strong in faith and trustworthy still
exist in a large quantity even in this era. But oh well, I guess that would be
far from truth, seeing how it is, in general.
Disappointed? You bet.
Even the most pious looking people are sometimes a monster
in disguise. Sigh.
In this era, I guess, we can’t afford to take the matters of
covering up lightly. Yes, girls, now it’s your turn to hear me rant. There is a
reason why Allah has ordained for us to cover up, and by covering up, i mean
covering up the right way. Not wrapping up. There’s a difference between those
two. I do not deem myself as a pious person, but I do know how it was to be ‘out
in the open’.
Back in my hijabless days, when I was not yet a Muslim, I
always feel insecure whenever I went out to go shopping etc. But once I adorn
the hijab, mashaAllah, I feel so safe and even guys would think twice before
they even want to approach me. See how the hijab has saved my chastity? Truly,
by covering up, I am not oppressed but in fact, I was freed. Alhamdulillah.
I wouldn’t be talking so much about the matters of aurat
since most of us already knew how we should dress. The dress code is according
to Allah’s law and you should never go against it because in reality, those
laws are made for a reason and they are made for us, not for Him.
Anyway, there are more knowledgeable people for you to refer
to when it comes to things like this, e.g. hukum, fiqh and so on. And I, am not
the person you seek. I’m just me, some sister, stating what I think and that’s
it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Salam alaik and peace out.

Comments
Post a Comment
Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)