In the name of Allah,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
I was watching this one program on TV Al Hijrah yesterday and there's this one syeikh talking about how to increase our love towards none other than the Prophet s.a.w.
Of course, we know that to know one, is to love one. A simile to the Malay saying, "Tak kenal maka tak cinta."
There's this one segment where they interviewed a few people on the names of the offspring of the Prophet s.a.w.
My heart felt crushed when the syeikh asked again, "We say we love him, but what effort did we do to know him?"
My heart felt even more crushed when one of the interviewee answered 'Khadijah' and 'Aisyah'. Even smiled while saying it.
Was it that funny? Was it that lame to know more about him? No, I don't think so.
I am not saying that I know much myself but yeah, why am i not making extra effort to learn more about his life, the way he lived his life, his sons, daughters, wives, birthday, what he liked, what he hated...
I feel so ashamed with myself that I felt like hiding under the couch while I was watching the syeikh pose that question.
Hopefully this year's Maulid will be a much better one than the previous year. Need to do some homework before the date comes. May Allah be pleased with even the teeniest effort we make as the people of the Akhiru Zaman. Ameen.
Allahumma solli 'ala saiyidina Muhammad, wa 'ala 'ali saiyidina Muhammad.
Salam alaik and peace out.
We must hurt in order to grow, fail in order to know, & lose in order to gain. Because some lessons in life, are best learnt through pain.
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
I was watching this one program on TV Al Hijrah yesterday and there's this one syeikh talking about how to increase our love towards none other than the Prophet s.a.w.
Of course, we know that to know one, is to love one. A simile to the Malay saying, "Tak kenal maka tak cinta."
There's this one segment where they interviewed a few people on the names of the offspring of the Prophet s.a.w.
My heart felt crushed when the syeikh asked again, "We say we love him, but what effort did we do to know him?"
My heart felt even more crushed when one of the interviewee answered 'Khadijah' and 'Aisyah'. Even smiled while saying it.
Was it that funny? Was it that lame to know more about him? No, I don't think so.
I am not saying that I know much myself but yeah, why am i not making extra effort to learn more about his life, the way he lived his life, his sons, daughters, wives, birthday, what he liked, what he hated...
I feel so ashamed with myself that I felt like hiding under the couch while I was watching the syeikh pose that question.
I recited the syahadah over and over again, that there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is His messenger, but I don't even make an effort to open the sirah book and read when I know I don't know so much, and I call myself a Muslim?
Astaghfirullahalazim.
Makes me think about my pledge when I wanted to become a Muslim.
"...to follow the deen, thoroughly..."
Hopefully this year's Maulid will be a much better one than the previous year. Need to do some homework before the date comes. May Allah be pleased with even the teeniest effort we make as the people of the Akhiru Zaman. Ameen.
Allahumma solli 'ala saiyidina Muhammad, wa 'ala 'ali saiyidina Muhammad.
Salam alaik and peace out.


Comments
Post a Comment
Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)