In the name of Allah,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
Actually talking about this won't solve anything. Won't change anything even. Just felt like talking about it. I guess this is just a case of the straw that broke the camel's back.
It seems that these days, more and more news or nicely concocted gossips have been spreading around about celebrities, especially the celebrities in the US, converting to Islam.
The first celebrity convert that I heard about was Cat Stevens, but his is real. Then, I heard about Michael Jackson's, then it was Mark Zuckerberg's and the latest was Paris Hilton's.
I am not sure about MJ's, but I'm pretty sure that the latter were faked.
Alhamdulillah if it is true(which is unlikely and almost impossible, but hey, Allah's plan overrules all right?) but I am quite sure that it was not. We can never guess who or who will accept His guidance but let's face it, this is not a joke.
Converting/reverting to Islam is not something that you can fake, well, at least, not with your heart. I wonder who's responsible for these fake conversion stories and may Allah give them hidayah so as not to do that again.
I wasn't upset or anything but it's really a wonderful feeling to know that someone who is a hedonist, is given the guidance towards the better. It just kind of became some sort of a disclaimer when it actually isn't real.
I remembered a friend once posted in one of my Facebook groups about Korean celebrities that we(most of us) like and went crazy for. Instead of cheering for them in a crowd, or jumping up and down to their songs, why not pray for Allah's guidance to reach their hearts so that they can be with us and submit to Allah? Why let them fall deeper into the darkness, where they are bounded by their own desires for fame and money? This got me thinking, not that I have any favourite celebrities in particular. But I do sing(and sometimes danced) to SNSD's(slash Girl's Generation slash Shoujo Jidai) songs now and then because I'm kind of a SONE myself, and still is. Well, a bit, because I don't really have favourites. So when I watch their music videos, I get all gloomy and depressed because I felt pity towards them. Almost kind of felt like I wished they would be freed from the world they're in.
Thinking of the syahadatul haq really made me get a wee bit edgy at times because I feel like I haven't been contributing anything to Islam. I couldn't even do da'wah to my own family for God's sake. The least I can do was show how Islam had changed me into a better person, and that itself gave me headaches at times, just thinking of the weight of the responsibilities.
How can we just sit here and watch them fall into the pit of darkness without doing anything about it? Won't they drag us with them during the Yaumul Qiyamah because we are guilty of not delivering His message?
I don't know, sometimes I feel so helpless but I guess, I'm taking my time realizing my responsibilities. More like a mission I guess.
Always, ALWAYS believe that Allah's help and guidance is with those who helped His religion.
Sometimes it is so hard to do the right thing, where else the path to Hell seems tremendously easy by comparison.
And right now, I'm feeling it, the void in my heart opening up again.
Salam alaik and peace out.
We must hurt in order to grow, fail in order to know, & lose in order to gain. Because some lessons in life, are best learnt through pain.
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
Actually talking about this won't solve anything. Won't change anything even. Just felt like talking about it. I guess this is just a case of the straw that broke the camel's back.
It seems that these days, more and more news or nicely concocted gossips have been spreading around about celebrities, especially the celebrities in the US, converting to Islam.
The first celebrity convert that I heard about was Cat Stevens, but his is real. Then, I heard about Michael Jackson's, then it was Mark Zuckerberg's and the latest was Paris Hilton's.
I am not sure about MJ's, but I'm pretty sure that the latter were faked.
Alhamdulillah if it is true(which is unlikely and almost impossible, but hey, Allah's plan overrules all right?) but I am quite sure that it was not. We can never guess who or who will accept His guidance but let's face it, this is not a joke.
Converting/reverting to Islam is not something that you can fake, well, at least, not with your heart. I wonder who's responsible for these fake conversion stories and may Allah give them hidayah so as not to do that again.
I wasn't upset or anything but it's really a wonderful feeling to know that someone who is a hedonist, is given the guidance towards the better. It just kind of became some sort of a disclaimer when it actually isn't real.
I remembered a friend once posted in one of my Facebook groups about Korean celebrities that we(most of us) like and went crazy for. Instead of cheering for them in a crowd, or jumping up and down to their songs, why not pray for Allah's guidance to reach their hearts so that they can be with us and submit to Allah? Why let them fall deeper into the darkness, where they are bounded by their own desires for fame and money? This got me thinking, not that I have any favourite celebrities in particular. But I do sing(and sometimes danced) to SNSD's(slash Girl's Generation slash Shoujo Jidai) songs now and then because I'm kind of a SONE myself, and still is. Well, a bit, because I don't really have favourites. So when I watch their music videos, I get all gloomy and depressed because I felt pity towards them. Almost kind of felt like I wished they would be freed from the world they're in.
Thinking of the syahadatul haq really made me get a wee bit edgy at times because I feel like I haven't been contributing anything to Islam. I couldn't even do da'wah to my own family for God's sake. The least I can do was show how Islam had changed me into a better person, and that itself gave me headaches at times, just thinking of the weight of the responsibilities.
How can we just sit here and watch them fall into the pit of darkness without doing anything about it? Won't they drag us with them during the Yaumul Qiyamah because we are guilty of not delivering His message?
I don't know, sometimes I feel so helpless but I guess, I'm taking my time realizing my responsibilities. More like a mission I guess.
Always, ALWAYS believe that Allah's help and guidance is with those who helped His religion.
Sometimes it is so hard to do the right thing, where else the path to Hell seems tremendously easy by comparison.
And right now, I'm feeling it, the void in my heart opening up again.
"Dear Allah, The Lord of All Worlds, give me strength to carry on living Your message, and give me extra strength to spread it to others by all means. Ameen."
Salam alaik and peace out.
dont forget the most fake convert ever: astronaut neil armstrong.
ReplyDeletei heard this since i was a kid. the story was that he went to space and heard azan. totally bogus.
funny.
sorry... i meant the most *famous* fake convert.
ReplyDeleteuh, its good u noticed ur missed out word. It got me wondering how fake is fake. heh. Yeah heard about that too. Must have slipped from my mind.
ReplyDeleteAssalamualaikum
ReplyDeletethis is the deseased of heart majority of Muslims nowadays are suffering.
the truth is there're many ordinary, sincere people revert on daily basis we to tend them with care.
but we treating our new reverts like trophies.