In the name of Allah,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
2012's approaching. Another year is going to pass, so it seems. 2011 has been a great year, but also I can say it was also a year of depression for me. I have never suffered from depression so badly like this year and I also have never guessed that in the same year, I would get to experience a sense of tranquility as well. Totally the opposite but then again, kerja Allah siapa tahu? :)
My mug's chipped, and all i eat nowadays is tuna. I wonder why but it seems that I have gotten obsessed with eating salted crackers with tuna spread. I mean I eat them almost all the time it's a wonder I don't turn into a mermaid(wishful thinking. my favourite disney character was Ariel. the first thing i drew in fact.). Anyway, never mind that. Moving on.
Whenever it's new year, be it the Chinese new year, or the Muslim's Hijri new year, or even the new academic year/session(nerd. i know. =_=), I have never failed to notice that everyone is always so hyped about the coming of a new year. Unlike me who probably were almost never excited about anything except for certain things, like when Sanji decided to join the Luffy's crew on his way to the Grand Line.(yes, i got excited because of that. sigh)
Anywho, I guess what everyone's excited about is the sense of rejuvenation. By new year, it almost literally meant "Yay, i can finally put those bad bad things behind me now and look forward to create an amazing year~".
As a fellow gamer(what??!), I believe that there's some truth in the saying "Life is a game". Sometimes, you lose and sometimes you win, because that's how it is. So in order to live your life, you have to constantly be alert and aware that we are constantly attacked by this one enemy, the ultimate enemy who we know as The Devil, or Shaytan, the fallen. The Shaytan is sneakier than a snake and we should never allow an opening for him/it to strike on us. When he strikes, sometimes we tend to move into a darker place, thinking that we may not be able to make it up to our mistake, and that is where we are wrong. Did we forget that Allah is the Ultimate Forgiver? The moment we turn away from Allah, is the moment He turns away from us and it was never the other way around. So unless we chose to neglect His path, He will always be by our side, no matter what. You just have to call on Him, and He will come to you, no matter how much sin you have done. That is why the only one unforgivable sin is blasphemy, oh and also, backbiting because backbiting requires us to ask forgiveness from the person that we backbite on. Unless forgiven by them, Allah will not forgive us. *shivers*
I guess everyone need that 'restart' button in their life. I believe it can make us feel better, in lots of ways, because it made us feel that we still have a chance and we can still continue to hope. New year has always been such an adrenaline inducing event, I guess because everyone now have something to look forward to. They make lists of new year's resolutions and goals that they want to achieve, and in a way, I don't think it is a sin to celebrate the coming of a new year if it elevates your motivation to keep on living.
I for one, feel that I even need to struggle to keep myself going. I have always felt that life is hard, and the reality is cruel. The will to live, was almost zero back then and with that little bits and pieces of pathetic percentage of strength that I have, I keep on hoping that Allah will grant me strength day by day. Little did I know that all the while I was praying for strength, days passed by and I did better than expected. I survived.
So I guess that was my cue to start over, and as always, I like to say that there is nothing in life that is impossible to attain.
Simply because, with Allah, everything is possible.
InshaAllah, may this sense of renewal pushes us forward towards excellence and proficiency, as Islam is a deen of excellence or proficiency. Be a Muslim, and be proud!
Well hello 2012. :)
Alhamdulillah for yet another day to live despite the accumulating sins that I have made. Another day to live, another day for repentance, bi iznillah.
So this is my last post for 2011. It has been a great year indeed.
Till then,
Salam alaik and peace out~
We must hurt in order to grow, fail in order to know, & lose in order to gain. Because some lessons in life, are best learnt through pain.
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
2012's approaching. Another year is going to pass, so it seems. 2011 has been a great year, but also I can say it was also a year of depression for me. I have never suffered from depression so badly like this year and I also have never guessed that in the same year, I would get to experience a sense of tranquility as well. Totally the opposite but then again, kerja Allah siapa tahu? :)
My mug's chipped, and all i eat nowadays is tuna. I wonder why but it seems that I have gotten obsessed with eating salted crackers with tuna spread. I mean I eat them almost all the time it's a wonder I don't turn into a mermaid(wishful thinking. my favourite disney character was Ariel. the first thing i drew in fact.). Anyway, never mind that. Moving on.
Whenever it's new year, be it the Chinese new year, or the Muslim's Hijri new year, or even the new academic year/session(nerd. i know. =_=), I have never failed to notice that everyone is always so hyped about the coming of a new year. Unlike me who probably were almost never excited about anything except for certain things, like when Sanji decided to join the Luffy's crew on his way to the Grand Line.(yes, i got excited because of that. sigh)
Anywho, I guess what everyone's excited about is the sense of rejuvenation. By new year, it almost literally meant "Yay, i can finally put those bad bad things behind me now and look forward to create an amazing year~".
As a fellow gamer(what??!), I believe that there's some truth in the saying "Life is a game". Sometimes, you lose and sometimes you win, because that's how it is. So in order to live your life, you have to constantly be alert and aware that we are constantly attacked by this one enemy, the ultimate enemy who we know as The Devil, or Shaytan, the fallen. The Shaytan is sneakier than a snake and we should never allow an opening for him/it to strike on us. When he strikes, sometimes we tend to move into a darker place, thinking that we may not be able to make it up to our mistake, and that is where we are wrong. Did we forget that Allah is the Ultimate Forgiver? The moment we turn away from Allah, is the moment He turns away from us and it was never the other way around. So unless we chose to neglect His path, He will always be by our side, no matter what. You just have to call on Him, and He will come to you, no matter how much sin you have done. That is why the only one unforgivable sin is blasphemy, oh and also, backbiting because backbiting requires us to ask forgiveness from the person that we backbite on. Unless forgiven by them, Allah will not forgive us. *shivers*
I guess everyone need that 'restart' button in their life. I believe it can make us feel better, in lots of ways, because it made us feel that we still have a chance and we can still continue to hope. New year has always been such an adrenaline inducing event, I guess because everyone now have something to look forward to. They make lists of new year's resolutions and goals that they want to achieve, and in a way, I don't think it is a sin to celebrate the coming of a new year if it elevates your motivation to keep on living.
I for one, feel that I even need to struggle to keep myself going. I have always felt that life is hard, and the reality is cruel. The will to live, was almost zero back then and with that little bits and pieces of pathetic percentage of strength that I have, I keep on hoping that Allah will grant me strength day by day. Little did I know that all the while I was praying for strength, days passed by and I did better than expected. I survived.
So I guess that was my cue to start over, and as always, I like to say that there is nothing in life that is impossible to attain.
Simply because, with Allah, everything is possible.
"If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: If He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? in Allah, then, Let believers put their trust."
['ali Imran, 3:160]
InshaAllah, may this sense of renewal pushes us forward towards excellence and proficiency, as Islam is a deen of excellence or proficiency. Be a Muslim, and be proud!
*push RESTART button*
Well hello 2012. :)
Alhamdulillah for yet another day to live despite the accumulating sins that I have made. Another day to live, another day for repentance, bi iznillah.
So this is my last post for 2011. It has been a great year indeed.
Till then,
Salam alaik and peace out~
Comments
Post a Comment
Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)