Skip to main content

I'm taking a sabbatical

In the name of Allah,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran

***

You know, the last thing I want after all that is for my intention of blogging to be questioned. This post is not signalling my return or whatsoever, for I see no point of blogging, at least, not for now.

I try to analyze why is it that it is so hard for me to take up criticisms and I realized that it was because of my self-blaming trait. I tend to see the worst in myself and look at a perspective that seems to make everything is my fault and that I am the worst. I do not deserve this self reprimanding but how will I ever change that when it has been programmed into me since I was a kid?

Good parenting is everything, which is the exact reason why I will not belittle my future kids, no matter what. Because I know it stays with you, even when you're already changed for the better, and because of that it is really difficult for me when I read comments that seems to hide a subtle message within, as if saying I am not grateful enough, as if saying I am not sincere enough, or as if I am not really being a Muslim by not being able to withstand a trial as small as this. 

You know, it's hard enough growing up with the idea that I will never be good enough, or the idea that I am just a burden, and that everything is my fault. I feel that I shouldn't be reprimanded, at least not in my own blog.

Of course, I acknowledge the fact that more people are seeing the benefit in my writings than the ones who don't, but yes, you tend to see the bad things. Perhaps I'm just similar with them after all.

So I'll be resting for a while. At least until I tackle my own issues and realize that these bad apples are not worth thinking of. 


Salam alaykum and peace out. 





"Sometimes we can't just say "Allah has a better plan for us." 
We have to believe He does."

Comments

  1. Hi assaamualaikum

    Me again, life is so short. Be happy and smile a lot. Have fun

    Fine regards
    Abdûl Azîz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, this whole situation reminds me of the time I got sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore and there was this bitter guy who kept saying nasty things about us on the comments board. He was going on and on about how stupid Hufflepuff is and how he hated being sorted into the house and how even though we kept reporting his use of swear words and he will probably be banned soon, he will keep getting himself sorted back into Hufflepuff because he wants to keep insulting us. Yeah, I know, crazy right? I told him calmly that if he's not happy then lumpin' leave already. It's just a game, so you got sorted into Hufflepuff, so what? Then he started writing out all these racist insults towards me and some other Asians in the 'common room' and I just remembered wondering how old he was to be acting like that. So what I'm saying is, you should remember that there are still some weirdly mean and shallow minded people in the world and you should also remember the demographic of your audience. Like for me and Pottermore, most of the people there were twelve year olds or something, although not all of them act likewise. So with you and your blog, now and then there will be people who don't get you or say mean things about you because they are wired all wrong but it doesn't mean you should stop blogging for their sake.

    I would also like to say that Hufflepuff is the best house in the entire Potterverse and there is nothing wrong with being one!

    #HufflepuffPride :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this the first thing in the morning and now I feel like nothing can ruin my day. LOL. Thanks really. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)

Popular posts from this blog

A revert's thoughts on LGBTQ

First of all, what does LGBTQ stands for?  L = lesbian G = gay B = bisexual T = transgender Q = queer I am pretty sure everyone's familiar with the first 4 sexual orientation but what about the last one? Queers are people who are not sure of their own sexual identity.  So what does it mean to belong to the 5 sexual orientation? Let's just assume I am secretly a lesbian. So how would you react to that?  Do you judge me?  Or do you accept me as I am? I got married with a man and have 2 kids as a result of the marriage, there's nothing wrong with that isn't it? I am doing nothing wrong despite having an against the fitrah inclination towards the same sex.  It will only become wrong if they chose to act on their sexual orientation.  They claim that the sexual orientation is a result of nature and nothing can be done to change it. Like in a transgender's case, they think that "God made a mistake and switched their ge...

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...