11/7/2013, Thursday, 1323 hours
I came across this verse today. It seems like answer enough
to the questions that I have been having because I don’t feel that I really
understood the meaning to when Allah said that He deviates the hearts of those
who sinned and that Hell will be their final abode.
![]() |
| And Allah would not let a people stray after He has guided them until He makes clear to them what they should avoid. Indeed, Allah is Knowing of all things. {9:115} |
Based on this verse, we can conclude that Allah will never
ever lead us astray unless He has given us some kind of signs and what needs to
be avoided etc. The signs doesn’t have to be something visible like a billboard
or something. Perhaps those signs can come from our hearts, like a signal or
red alert. Like whenever we feel like doing something wrong (though we’re not
really that sure) and the heart will automatically go restless and saying, “You
really shouldn’t be doing thisss” so when we choose to ignore that, of course
we deserve to be punished for our insolence.
Anyway, I’ve done 1/3 of the Quran. I am hoping to khatam
the Quran this Ramadhan and I plan to do that by upping the number of pages for
each recitation. I’m entering Surah Yunus inshaAllah.
14/7/2013, Sunday, 2322 hours
The speaker for our tazkirah today in between tarawikh
prayer talked about what Rasulullah had said regarding Heaven and Hell. Rasulullah,
peace be upon him, had said that he had never seen something so strange than Heaven and Hell. The prophet said, that it is strange that Hell is feared upon but people do not try
to avoid it, and it is even stranger that when asked about Heaven, people would
definitely want to go there but they won’t even try for it, meaning try to do things that will get them to Heaven.
The ustadz also talked about how when
Allah created Heaven and Hell, he asked the angels to look at it and tell Him
what they think. The angels after seeing Heaven they said, O Allah, definitely
a lot of human will enter Heaven, and after seeing Hell, the angels said, O
Allah, definitely there will be no human entering hell. Then Allah made fences
surrounding Heaven and Hell and asked the angels to look at them again. After
seeing the fences, the angels said, if it is like this, there will not be a lot of human that will
be able to enter heaven and as for the fences that surrounded Hell, the angels
said, O Allah, if it is like this, there will be a lot of human that will enter Hell. The fences of Heaven are what human dislikes, things like performing the prayer in jamaah,
giving sadaqah, fasting etc, and of course the fences of Hell are things that
human tend to like, things that Allah forbid us from doing.
This
tazkirah(reminder) really touched me to the core because I feel that I can
really relate to it. So many times I feel that it is hard to perform most of my
duties as a Muslim, and being reminded about this really put me back in place.
Alhamdulillah. May we all be strong enough to overcome the ‘fences’ to our
final desired destination, that is Jannah, inshaAllah.
ps: Now entering surah Yusuf. Alhamdulillah. :)

Assalamualaikum,
ReplyDeleteJust to share. Quran 9:115
And Allah will not mislead a people after He hath guided them, in order that He may make clear to them what to fear (and avoid)- for Allah hath knowledge of all things. (Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation)
(After we are clear of what is to be vary of/ what should be avoided / what should be feared, Allah might lead us astray if we do not follow Him - for example Allah told us to avoid backbiting)
(When they are not wary of it / did not follow Allah's teaching to avoid , then they deserve to be sent astray. Surely God is Knower of all things, including who deserves to be sent astray (misled), or to be guided.)
(Allah SWT is the fair and do not simply misled people to destruction / hellfire)
-Hope what I understand is correct.
-May this Ramadan bring us closer to Allah SWT.
Chee Hong