To those of you allergic to the usage of the word God, let me remind you that the word God does not have any relation whatsoever to it's usage in other religion and the usage of the word God will not automatically disowns you from Islam. I find it interesting when I was told off when I exclaimed "Oh My God" the other day. It's not that it's not good. It just won't give you any benefit from saying it. So don't simply say that it's not good to say it. There. I've said it.
Anyway, these few days that I have been missing, I had to settle a lot of things. On Saturday I moved to Kota Bharu because we (me and my husband) will be living there for one month because he's doing his Psychiatric electives here in HUSM. He somehow got the department that he opted in the first place although the letter stated for him to report to Neuro department. Anyway, alhamdulillah.
Then on the next day, we kind of binge-ate because it's nearing Ramadhan and I don't want him to miss eating at Nasi Ulam Cikgu and Food Village. For lunch it was a whole fried chicken and a large fried catfish and lots of greens and lots of budu + tempoyak and later at dinner we ate barbeque of lots of red meat and prawns and we were like stuffing ourselves, enjoying food to the max, which we rarely do. Simply said, Sunday was heaven. I guess it was due to the delicious food overload that made us delirious and we decided to go to Tumpat on a bike at 10.30 p.m. for a surprise visit to my in laws who were resting there before they return to Seremban. We're all like, "We are really doing this woohooooo"
I don't really remember what happened afterwards but I just know that I was too preoccupied with class and study group sessions and what not, and add not having internet connection at home, so yeah, that explains a lot for my short term disappearance.
So. Yesterday was the first night for tarawikh and boy, isn't that awesome? I don't know what you guys feel in general about Ramadhan but I always feel somewhat excited when Ramadhan comes.
I don't really have to explain why since Allah has already given us the answer long before we were born. :)
![]() |
| O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous. {2:183} |
May we come out of Ramadhan a better person than before, and even better, more righteous. InshaAllah ameen.
Salaam Ramadhan al-mubarak. May Allah's blessings be with all of you.

Salaam Ramadhan al-mubarak. May Allah's blessings be with all of you.


Salam Ramadhan sis.. My first time, totally excited too.. =)
ReplyDeleteRamadan kareem my dear! May this month be beneficial for us all. :)
ReplyDelete