In the name of Allah,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
It was nearly Maghrib in the month of Ramadhan. I was waiting for the Plusliner bus at a small bus stop in the small town of Seri Iskandar, Perak. I was alone, until a couple emerged from the stairs leading to where I was sitting. It was dark. The stores were closing and the bus was supposed to arrive half an hour earlier but it was nearly time to break fast and I only have a bottle of green tea and a packet of biscuits which I just bought from the 7-e store across the road earlier before. The young couple was chatting away happily while I sat there at a corner alone, lost in my own thoughts.
It has just been a few weeks since I came to Seri Iskandar. I went to Seri Iskandar from KL as one of my many pit stops during that period when I had no place to go. I had a 4 months break after my finals and I had spent the first month in Kelantan. Afterwards, I went to Bagan Serai, Perak and I moved on to Gombak, then to UKM, where I stayed for a while at my friend's room at their hostel in Cheras campus, then to Sentul, where I stayed for a week and then to Sg Buloh for a few days before I went to Tronoh, Perak, where I attended ESQ 165 at UTP for 2 days. Then I headed for Seri Iskandar, to work a part time job as a teacher at a local kindergarten where I did mainly office works and sometimes fill in to substitute the teachers when I was needed, but only for the 6 year olds. I stayed renting one of the rooms in a small terrace house with 6 other ladies and I didn't really mingle with them, because I was at that time, you might say, at the lowest point in my life. I was depressed and I think sitting in the office and teaching pure innocent kids helped toned down my negativity a bit. That time, it has been almost a year since I last set foot to my own home back in Sarawak, if I can still call it my home, which I doubt that.
My thoughts was disrupted by the call of Adhan and I pulled out my favourite bottled drink, the Lipton green tea with lemon flavour, and gulped the tea along with the tears which previously welled in my eyes but it seems to have drained into the nasolacrimal duct which ended up in my throat. I felt so lonely at that moment and closing the cap of the bottle, I rearranged my things to prepare for the arrival of the bus, which might come in a few minutes since it was already 45 minutes past the original scheduled arrival time.
"Kak." *A title usually used for someone(woman) slightly older to show respect.
I turned my head to right, and saw the guy sitting next to me extending his hand, offering me a container. I stared at him and the girl beside him because I don't know how to react.
"Nah, untuk bukak puasa."
I took the container and peeled the cover open, and saw a few tamars(kurma). I took one and handed the container back to the couple and smiled.
"Thanks."
"Eh, ambik satu je ke?"
"Takpe. This is enough."
They smiled back at me and resumed to their chat. As I looked across the road while taking my first bite of the tamar, I couldn't help but feel the burden in my heart lightened. They wouldn't have known about my story and I am very sure they knew nothing of my identity. They did it out of kindness and if people were to judge them by their appearance and their social life, nobody would have guessed that they were capable of doing such a deed to an unknown stranger in the middle of nowhere during the time of Maghrib in the month of Ramadhan. It would be understandable if I had no food with me but I clearly did have some with me, but they offered it to me anyway. It was as if Allah is cheering me up indirectly, in the most beautiful way it seems.
My bus arrived a few minutes after that, and it has been almost 6 months after that event, but no doubt, it has taken a place in my heart and that one deed will never be forgotten, inshaAllah.
Alhamdulillah for all the little blessings that we fail to recognize. May Allah bless those couple with His light and guidance.
Last year's Ramadhan was perhaps not the kind of Ramadhan that most people would have, but I think, it was a really blessed Ramadhan indeed. Not bad for my third Ramadhan aye?
I'm missing it already.
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran
It was nearly Maghrib in the month of Ramadhan. I was waiting for the Plusliner bus at a small bus stop in the small town of Seri Iskandar, Perak. I was alone, until a couple emerged from the stairs leading to where I was sitting. It was dark. The stores were closing and the bus was supposed to arrive half an hour earlier but it was nearly time to break fast and I only have a bottle of green tea and a packet of biscuits which I just bought from the 7-e store across the road earlier before. The young couple was chatting away happily while I sat there at a corner alone, lost in my own thoughts.
It has just been a few weeks since I came to Seri Iskandar. I went to Seri Iskandar from KL as one of my many pit stops during that period when I had no place to go. I had a 4 months break after my finals and I had spent the first month in Kelantan. Afterwards, I went to Bagan Serai, Perak and I moved on to Gombak, then to UKM, where I stayed for a while at my friend's room at their hostel in Cheras campus, then to Sentul, where I stayed for a week and then to Sg Buloh for a few days before I went to Tronoh, Perak, where I attended ESQ 165 at UTP for 2 days. Then I headed for Seri Iskandar, to work a part time job as a teacher at a local kindergarten where I did mainly office works and sometimes fill in to substitute the teachers when I was needed, but only for the 6 year olds. I stayed renting one of the rooms in a small terrace house with 6 other ladies and I didn't really mingle with them, because I was at that time, you might say, at the lowest point in my life. I was depressed and I think sitting in the office and teaching pure innocent kids helped toned down my negativity a bit. That time, it has been almost a year since I last set foot to my own home back in Sarawak, if I can still call it my home, which I doubt that.
My thoughts was disrupted by the call of Adhan and I pulled out my favourite bottled drink, the Lipton green tea with lemon flavour, and gulped the tea along with the tears which previously welled in my eyes but it seems to have drained into the nasolacrimal duct which ended up in my throat. I felt so lonely at that moment and closing the cap of the bottle, I rearranged my things to prepare for the arrival of the bus, which might come in a few minutes since it was already 45 minutes past the original scheduled arrival time.
"Kak." *A title usually used for someone(woman) slightly older to show respect.
I turned my head to right, and saw the guy sitting next to me extending his hand, offering me a container. I stared at him and the girl beside him because I don't know how to react.
![]() |
| source |
I took the container and peeled the cover open, and saw a few tamars(kurma). I took one and handed the container back to the couple and smiled.
"Thanks."
"Eh, ambik satu je ke?"
"Takpe. This is enough."
They smiled back at me and resumed to their chat. As I looked across the road while taking my first bite of the tamar, I couldn't help but feel the burden in my heart lightened. They wouldn't have known about my story and I am very sure they knew nothing of my identity. They did it out of kindness and if people were to judge them by their appearance and their social life, nobody would have guessed that they were capable of doing such a deed to an unknown stranger in the middle of nowhere during the time of Maghrib in the month of Ramadhan. It would be understandable if I had no food with me but I clearly did have some with me, but they offered it to me anyway. It was as if Allah is cheering me up indirectly, in the most beautiful way it seems.
My bus arrived a few minutes after that, and it has been almost 6 months after that event, but no doubt, it has taken a place in my heart and that one deed will never be forgotten, inshaAllah.
Alhamdulillah for all the little blessings that we fail to recognize. May Allah bless those couple with His light and guidance.
Last year's Ramadhan was perhaps not the kind of Ramadhan that most people would have, but I think, it was a really blessed Ramadhan indeed. Not bad for my third Ramadhan aye?
I'm missing it already.
![]() |
| source |
"Sometimes we can't just say "Allah has a better plan for us."
We have to believe He does."


salam alayk,
ReplyDeletestumbled upon your blog after reading Siapa Tuhan saya at Dakwat.org.. :')
masyaAllah,
i admired how by writing that, you had touched and moved many hearts.
em, i might have not know you at all, but i wish that Allah always keep you strong, steadfast and tough.
surah ad-duha is one of the surah that i like to read whenever i feel lonely.
"Tuhanmu tidak meninggalkanmu, dan tidak pula membencimu.."
Ad-Duha : 3
InsyaAllah,
"Wahai insan! Sesungguhnya engkau bekerja dengan begitu penat menuju kpd Tuhanmu, maka (pada akhirnya) engkau pasti akan menemuiNya"
Al-Insyiqaq : 6
never lose hope, never give up!
Allah is preparing something beautiful for you in front.
few more courageous steps, you'll arrive.
may Allah guide us all the way to His jannah
lots of love,
your sis in islam <3