Skip to main content

What it's like?

Date: 30th of November 2009

Being at home is not that easy, at my condition right now. So now i will come clean about the whole situation.

1. Performing the prayer

This part, is not easy. Seriously. I have to pray in a sitting position(which is a blessing in disguise for me because of rukhsah) and i have to cover my head with 'kain batik' and feet with my cute pink socks. Thank goodness for google earth(and other related website) because i finally got the qiblah correct this time and also the correct prayer times. Phew~ At least, its going to be easier this time. I remembered my first time going home after reverting, well, i cried the first time i prayed. I cried so hard because my mum nearly caught me. Thank God for the locks and bolts. Now, this time, i am much more careful but still, the adrenaline levels every time i pray was like so high, as if i were about to be killed.


Every time i prayed, it was like a suicide mission. Can you imagine living with that?


So yeah, i have to keep myself calm through out the prayer and well, its pretty tiring actually but still, at least, i can pray. :)


2. Covering my aurat

Every time i was forced to go out, i could only cover up just a little because it is not possible for me to cover my hair and feet so the rest, i'll make do with what ever i can.


I'm really afraid that i might forget the feeling of covering up, because only my pictures on facebook could remind me of myself, hijabbed. :(

This is starting to bug me. Really, really bugging me.

3. Food

Whenever i were to eat outside(of course with my family), at a non-halal restaurant, i would pick my own menu and although the chicken might not be halal but at least, i ate chicken. Every time i ate outside, i will constantly think to myself that, insyaALLAH, in the name of ALLAH, it is halal for me to eat.


Devastated? Imagine if you are in my situation.

But alhamdulillah, at home, food is not a problem because we ate fish and i cooked so it won't be much of a problem. By the way, i'm a good cook! Haha~ =)


4. Reciting the Quran and etc.

Of course, recitation of the Holy Quran is off limits but sometimes, when i'm sure everyone is asleep or nobody's home, i would plug in my earphone to the laptop and listen to the recitation of the Holy Quran to keep myself at ease. (yeah, even with ear phone on, you can never be at ease, can you? Just in case someone is nearby and saw the playlist)


5. More?

-Every single time i browsed the net, before leaving my laptop on its own, whether its on or off, i would delete my browsing history. Every single time i logged off. Which means, a lot.

-At the airport, before i board the plane to go back home that day, i threw my hijab into the dustbin when nobody's looking.

-I kept all my hijab and related items that may reveal my reversion at my naqibah's house.

-I have two facebook profiles and one of it is used as a decoy to let my brother think that i am normal and not suspecting.

-I placed all my soft copy of Quran recitation under one folder which i named as my housemate's things.

And the list goes on and on. And on.


Hard life? Think about it.

My advice is do not take your freedom to practise your religion for granted.

Because SOME of us may not be so lucky and have to take risks to save their faith and equally, their life.

But somehow, even though i've gone through a lot of mishaps and difficulty, i NEVER once regretted my choice. If i were to relive my life again, i would definitely make the same choice.

I know this is the right path for me, and for that, i am never going to give up. But alas, there will always be my moments of weakness, and this is where i usually start to cry.

Actually, i really HATE crying but, somebody(i seriously don't remember who it was) once said,

"Too much laughter can affect the tenderness of the heart."


And so, i'll accept my sorrow and misery if i were to be rewarded with something prettier, that is...

FAITH.....


Till the next post.

Comments

  1. Rabbuna Yusahhil
    harap dengan doa yg tak seberapa ni mampu menmbantu enti..
    insyaALLAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu'alaykum,

    I can only imagine the obstacles that you go through and the compromise that you make. MasyaAllah, the struggle you put into practising is commendable.

    We all have our hardships to go through. And there will always be someone who goes through harder things than we do. I suppose this reminder have now and then kept me toe-ing the line.

    Please don't take it as sorrow and misery. It sounds so sad. When you have something good to look forward to (Jannah) and something precious to hold to (Imaan), your heart should be smiling even if physically it can hurt (an aching heart due to pressure/adrenaline)

    Have you read about Khalifah Umar alKhattab? Historically, whenever someone mentions him, people normally imagine he is a stern and strong leader who give no slip to nonsense. But it is also known that he is amongst those who cry the most, with his beard always being wet from his tears. Eh...wait, that didn't support my statement above. What I meant was, you can cry your heart out if in the remembrance of ALlah, insyaAllah He will make things easier.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. سلام الله عليك
    happy eid!!
    i'm studying in egypt in faculty of medicine
    and i'm cousin of hilmi samad
    ****

    i just about to cry during reading dis post coz i've all the 'nikmat kesenangan' when i wanna do all the ibadah but then the obstacle is MYSLEF..

    we always think we're good man which have done almost the 'suruhan' but by thinking such that way would make 'penyakit hati'...

    may ALLAH bless you !!
    اهلا وسهلا

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allah had never given me such things.

    things which He had given to u is priceless.

    the thing is ur fight, ur jihad,

    ur fight, for Islam,

    i cant imagine.

    i cant imagine how big it is.

    Rabbina yuawwik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. to Nuseiba:

    Thank you for the advice. I'll remember it always. =) May Allah bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sis, u managed to get me burst into tears. If I were you, I did not know I am as strong as you. You have Him and us. We will always pray for you. Sabar is the word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. double life
    hannah montana=sandy
    miley cyrus=nufas
    :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been around for a even though now, i contemplate myself a loyal reader. Just thought i would let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @anonymous:

    been around for a what? huhu u missed a word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @anonymous:

    been around for a what? huhu u missed a word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)

Popular posts from this blog

A revert's thoughts on LGBTQ

First of all, what does LGBTQ stands for?  L = lesbian G = gay B = bisexual T = transgender Q = queer I am pretty sure everyone's familiar with the first 4 sexual orientation but what about the last one? Queers are people who are not sure of their own sexual identity.  So what does it mean to belong to the 5 sexual orientation? Let's just assume I am secretly a lesbian. So how would you react to that?  Do you judge me?  Or do you accept me as I am? I got married with a man and have 2 kids as a result of the marriage, there's nothing wrong with that isn't it? I am doing nothing wrong despite having an against the fitrah inclination towards the same sex.  It will only become wrong if they chose to act on their sexual orientation.  They claim that the sexual orientation is a result of nature and nothing can be done to change it. Like in a transgender's case, they think that "God made a mistake and switched their ge...

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...