Skip to main content

"What jemaah are you in?"[updated]

In the name of Allah,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful,
Praise be to Allah,
the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds,
and Peace and Prayer be upon the Final Prophet and Messenger. Abdullah Yusuf Ali, The Holy Quran

Usually when I write, I tend to avoid political issues, my personal life and things related to the usrah that I joined. I love my blog so much, and I really would like to avoid as much confrontation as possible. 

About political issues, well, I don't really know that much about politics but all I know is that I would be willing to support any group that will help bring Islam to prosper in this country. So, as far as politics is concerned, with the way things are, I'd rather keep my mouth shut and keep my opinion to myself.

Personal life? Well, I guess this one is pretty much understandable if I don't want to write about it. I mean, come on, it's a public blog. I am sometimes amazed on how some people dared to write about their personal life in excruciating details(e.g. about how they're getting engaged and posting up pictures about it). I distrust the internet, but not so completely. But still no, I don't dare to upload my personal photos. Had a terrible experience regarding that one. Which explains why my facebook is void of my self photos. 


And now, about usrah. I used to avoid talking about what I get from my weekly liqo' because well, I'm afraid I might rephrase the facts and 'ilm that I get from the usrah differently that will make people misunderstood what I'm trying to convey. I'm just good at conveying my thoughts and feelings, not facts. I don't dare to post up much about facts because usually what I interpret is different. 


***


Now, pertaining my post title, I noticed when it comes to usrah, people are so concerned with the jemaah. Sometimes, I intentionally asked some sisters what jemaah that they're in if I came to knew that they're following a weekly liqo'. Usually some of them would be all uneasy and refused to reveal them to me. 

Usually when I asked that question, it's not because I really want to know the answer. I just wanna see their reaction when the 'forbidden' question is asked.

For me, it doesn't matter really, what jemaah you're in. As long as you're comfortable(perhaps 'comfortable' is not really an excellent choice of word after all) with the system and that jemaah is following the rules of Islam, then it's fine no matter what jemaah you joined.

I too recently left my previous jemaah to join another one. I will not reveal them here because some might criticize me if they're pro- to that previous jemaah and so on. My reason is because I don't feel that I'm moving anywhere with the previous one. Perhaps because I've tried my best to adhere with the system but well, it just doesn't suit me and since the present jemaah that I joined helped me reach my aim, hence I choose to join this usrah because for me, again, jemaah just serves as a wadah for me to gain tarbiyyah and to help me do da'wah.

Don't get me wrong. The previous one and the recent one that I joined was based on the same teaching brought by the Ikhwanul Muslimin, but then, like I said, I feel stagnant in the previous one. It's my problem, not the jemaah's. Some people find that jemaah comfortable to be in, but I don't feel so. So, if I were to stay for the sake of 'staying' in the jemaah, then that will defeat the purpose of joining the jemaah in the first place. 

For me, you should be pro-Islam, not to your jemaah. The jemaah is just a medium for us to gain tarbiyyah and training to become a daie in order to fulfill the syahadatul haq, to fulfill our purpose to Allah in a more arranged way, not to become your way of life. Your way of life is Islam, and you shouldn't make your jemaah as your religion. 

As for now, I feel comfortable with my present usrah and I find that it helped me re-ignite my inner strength to contribute to the ummah, inshaAllah. 

Don't make your jemaah your priority. Recalling what Saiyidina Ali had said,

Kebatilan yang tersusun akan mengalahkan kebenaran yang tidak tersusun.

and this is why we join the jemaah in the first place, to erect the truth on His earth. Hence, renew our intention. 


There's nothing wrong in loving the jemaah that you're in, but do not let that love overrides your love for Allah. 

After all, you're dying in the name of Islam, not in the name of the jemaah that you're joining.



ps: I love my 'bulatan gembira'! Yay for usrah!



*** UPDATE: 

 Apa yg saya cuba nak sampaikan ialah jangan terlampau cinta pada jemaah sampai melupakan Allah. Bukan nak cakap mana mana jemaah salah or boleh bertukar tukar jemaah sesuka hati. Sekali lagi, i proved my point, people tend to focus on the 'side menu' rather than the 'main dish'. Heh.

My reason for posting this entry is because nowadays I see so many people bickering and mengutuk jemaah lain padahal semuanya orang Islam. Kalaulah sesama Islam pun dah berpecah belah, then macam mana nak menegakkan kembali daulah Islamiah? Kalau syok sendiri berdakwah tapi tak mencapai matlamat dakwah tu sendiri buat apa? 

Dan jugak salah satu sebab umat Islam saling berpecah belah ialah bila sangat mudah untuk menghakimi, sangat mudah untuk mengkritik. Langsung tak cuba nak berlapang dada. Senang sangat nak meng'kafir'kan orang. Terkilan. Sungguh, saya terkilan. Kita nak ikut Islam acuan kita ke nak ikut acuan Allah sebenarnya? 

Think. Just for once, think.

Oh by the way, saya tak cakap pandangan saya betul, or pandangan saya salah. Tapi kalau in any way, pandangan saya menunjukkan yang saya ni orang yang tidak mempunyai iman, then silakan untuk menegur.

Mungkin sebab saya ni masih baru dalam Islam jadi untuk sesetengah pihak, saya tak 'berhak' untuk meluahkan pandangan saya. :)


 Wallahu'alam.


ps: Luahan hati ni tak berkaitan dengan sesiapa. Cuma luahan perasaan setelah lama dipendam.
pps: Bila baca balik, macam marah pun ada. Huhu. Tak, tak marah pun. ^_^




"Sometimes we can't just say "Allah has a better plan for us." 
We have to believe He does."

Comments

  1. i wonder if one asking 'which jemaah u are from' and 'which tareqa you are in' is the same.

    the answer would come with a hesitant look and more reluctant tone.

    later i find the reason for this is that they fear that they would do something that reflect badly on their teacher or group.

    and another way to look at it is something like someone coming to you and doing a 'ni anak sapa ni?' and you're not sure if you've done something good or bad.

    but yeah... the path must not be a hijab (rocking or balada) to the destination. and everyone should always remember they're heading the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, yeah. I agree with u on that. Because yeah, some people tend to judge a jemaah/tareqa based on the people joining it. Heh. Anyways, can't help but make a face when i saw the 'rocking/balada'. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. assalamualaikum :)

    i used to think like u..
    not anymore.. huhu

    because the longer i stayed in the system, i realise choosing jemaah is really important..

    bukan pilih berdasarkan keselesaan. tapi pilih lah berdasarkan ilmu gerakan islam (harakah islamiyyah).

    salam sayang :)

    p/s : feel free to pm me when u feel to search :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamualaikum Farah,

    Saya membaca dan belajar. Sangat suka dengan cerita "bulatan gembira" tu.

    Tkasih...

    And Take Care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to suggest that the guideline based on the step of dakwah fardiyah is very crucial. fahami satu demi satu, kemudian barulah lonjak ke atas sekali. Pemilihan jemaah ini penting tapi apabila anda melalui peringkat2 tersebut supaya anda BERGERAK dan TIDAK TAKSUB ataupon BLURR. Saya setuju dengan pendapat di atas which is pilih based on GERAKAN ISLAM. Walaupon begitu, situasi sekarang kebnyakan kita nih CEPAT MENGHUKUM dan MELATAH. Jgn hanya tahu SURFACE sesebuah tanzim(organisasi),lantas terus JUDGE this organisation. Sebab perkara ini ialah perkara JUZIYYAH(boleh dikhilafkan) dan bagi diri ini it is better to see from many prespective how all these tanzim bergerak. Contoh, mungkin kita rasa MOTO tanzim itu xmenonjolkan ISLAMIC, tapi sebenarnya banyak hikmah dan sebab untuk berbuat demikian (p.s: saya dah terkena sekali, so better don't judge book by its cover. Hanya sekadar cetusan idea) :)

    pengkritik luar(BEBAS)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)

Popular posts from this blog

A revert's thoughts on LGBTQ

First of all, what does LGBTQ stands for?  L = lesbian G = gay B = bisexual T = transgender Q = queer I am pretty sure everyone's familiar with the first 4 sexual orientation but what about the last one? Queers are people who are not sure of their own sexual identity.  So what does it mean to belong to the 5 sexual orientation? Let's just assume I am secretly a lesbian. So how would you react to that?  Do you judge me?  Or do you accept me as I am? I got married with a man and have 2 kids as a result of the marriage, there's nothing wrong with that isn't it? I am doing nothing wrong despite having an against the fitrah inclination towards the same sex.  It will only become wrong if they chose to act on their sexual orientation.  They claim that the sexual orientation is a result of nature and nothing can be done to change it. Like in a transgender's case, they think that "God made a mistake and switched their ge...

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...