Skip to main content

Baggage

There are lots of things that I have dread in the past but I have never actually 'cried, yelled or grieved' about it. I have always thought that crying won't solve anything but then again, where will all that strong emotions go? One thing for sure you'll end up dreading about it for years to come, just like what I did. 

I have never been vocal about my problems. I am not the type to advertise my disappointments all over the place or all over the social network. At least, not deep ones. 

So I'm going to 'yell' about this and maybe I'll finally let my heart off some old baggage it has been trying to get rid off for ages :


1. I did not pass my A-Levels cut off point to go to India. 
For those with the same experience, you will understand what I feel. Top that with negative reactions from the parents, say, not talking to you for two months, that will surely leave a mark. Yeah, I should have been over this already since it happened back in 2009 but like I said, I never actually cried, yelled or grieved (simply said, go all emo about it) so it has stayed with me for years now. My reason was because of the effect that I had to endure after that. I feel like a disappointment and I was blamed for it. I'm the first born you see so it is really necessary to put all that responsibility on me since I have 3 more kid brothers below me. I am also disappointed with myself because I really want to study abroad since I was a kid and as a small town girl, I never thought I would get that chance. So yeah, I really hated myself back then.

2. I screwed up during my talk

Perhaps the audience did not feel the same but I feel like a nervous wreck in front of the audience and I accidentally said things that was not necessary. I have been dreading this for years now and really, I wish I could be given another chance to correct my mistakes. Thank goodness people don't usually remember what you said but what you are.

Here's why I should be thankful :

  1. I am given the second chance to prove myself here in USM. So far I see dentistry is meant to be my future. InshaAllah.
  2. I deliver myself better in writing it seems. Perhaps I am not meant to talk in public. 



All in all, I am glad I'm still alive cause it meant one thing: I can still correct my mistakes and repent for my mountains of sins. Alhamdulillah. 


Al-Fatihah to the deceased.  May they belong to the group of people that He is pleased with. Ameen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...

A letter for you

Date: 4th of September 2009 Assalamualaikum to my fellow sisters and brethrens, who will be one of the occupants in Jannah, insyaAllah. First of all, this is a letter that I composed to all viewers. A letter full of my real thoughts and dwellings, a letter of hope and pain, a letter of almost the truth. So here goes nothing. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, Dear brothers and sisters, The thing that triggered me to write such a letter is a post, that I read on someone’s blog. It reminded me, well, of about everything . Every single thing that I worked for, every single thing that I fought for. Yes, my story had started long enough, ever since I was back in high school. 2007.... My friend was fasting. I felt excited because I tried fasting too and it’s in the fasting month, yes, I remembered it well. I followed my Muslim friends where I woke up early for sahur and break my fast at Maghrib. I was doing it because I thought it would be fun and why not, since I was dead eager to k...