Skip to main content

Pure rant

Sometimes I can't help but wonder, why is it that I am always so negative? My self-perception, most of the time, I wouldn't want you to even know what I think of myself. Why does it feel so upsetting to make mistakes? Why do I feel the need to feel perfect? 

I wonder if the reason for that lies behind my upbringing, but one thing for sure, I need to change it. I have been online lesser than usual because of this. I need to think. 

I am probably the most negative Muslim revert alive huh?

One of the reason that I have blogged less than usual is also due to the quote that have been stuck in my head for weeks now.

"If you don't have a heart, you won't be able to give any." or something like that.

My point is, I aspire to inspire people but how can I when I don't have anything but negativity residing inside me? I don't even like myself so how will I be able to make people love themselves enough to change for the better? Don't you see where I'm getting at? I'm a pure hypocrite, that's all there is to it.

So I need to figure out what to do with myself before I can figure out what to do with this blog.


Comments

  1. i've been listening to a lot of talks on thinking positive lately and one of tips i got from there is that positive thinking takes practice. it's an undertaking. it's training.

    some of the method of 'training' includes being more aware of things to be grateful around us, aware of them more often, set a time to write the positives of the day. also mentioned 90% of the things we think about today are the same thoughts we have yesterday. and 80% of thoughts we have are negative once. so maybe you want to change that.

    interestingly, it is mentioned that if you are 'easy' on yourself, you stand a better chance of making creating and keeping a good habit. this means that if you approach yourself as a concerned friend or mentor instead of a garang teacher or an adversary... u'll tend to accept the advice you give yourself more.

    there's a balance to being aware of shortcomings. it's useful so we are aware of it and can improve ourselves but it is harmful if it just makes u feel bad all the time and take away hope that Allah gives in abundance.

    hope it helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this entry (as I've been feeling the same since forever)
    and somehow this gave me hopes in some way..

    And thank you Tea Drinker for the nice sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can start by not labelling youself as a muslim revert but just a muslim. You don't owe anybody anything just because you're a revert. Just focus on becoming a good muslim.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)

Popular posts from this blog

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...

A letter for you

Date: 4th of September 2009 Assalamualaikum to my fellow sisters and brethrens, who will be one of the occupants in Jannah, insyaAllah. First of all, this is a letter that I composed to all viewers. A letter full of my real thoughts and dwellings, a letter of hope and pain, a letter of almost the truth. So here goes nothing. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, Dear brothers and sisters, The thing that triggered me to write such a letter is a post, that I read on someone’s blog. It reminded me, well, of about everything . Every single thing that I worked for, every single thing that I fought for. Yes, my story had started long enough, ever since I was back in high school. 2007.... My friend was fasting. I felt excited because I tried fasting too and it’s in the fasting month, yes, I remembered it well. I followed my Muslim friends where I woke up early for sahur and break my fast at Maghrib. I was doing it because I thought it would be fun and why not, since I was dead eager to k...