![]() |
"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future."
Paul Boese
|
They say forgiving is not a sign that you are weak, but it is a sign that you are strong enough to understand that people make mistakes.
Give them a chance. He said.
All that past fury, leads to envelop me in self-hatred. They deserve a second chance. They are human too, and they make mistakes. Perhaps it was for the best at that time. Perhaps it is my fault for thinking that I deserved better. Perhaps I just can't help but compare. Perhaps.
A lot of perhaps makes a lot of ifs. A lot of ifs makes a lot of wants.
I want this, I want that. But in the end, you can't control the flow of time and you can't control the circumstances you will live with. After all, the difference between a good and a bad day is your attitude. How you react will determine you will feel.
Knowing your limits is one of the steps of being grateful. By knowing that you can at least control how you would like to react to adversities or fate, will perhaps give you a better perspective of life.
Stop yourself from sighing in envy at what others have.
You can't compare yourself to others.
If you want to be the best, beat yourself first, then you'll be the best version of you.
Forgive, as He have forgave you.
***
- A friend drove us back to our hostels when we were on our way back from dinner. I forgot to write about this yesterday. May Allah bless her always. :)

Forgiving is so hard... I struggle with this myself.
ReplyDelete