Skip to main content

Fibrosis


As I skimmed through my past posts which I have reverted to drafts, I find that I have changed a lot since the last 4 years. I wouldn't have thought that I would be this way after 4 years  of reversion but oh well, people change. That's the nature of human anyway. If not, we would still be in the state of the past. We adapt, that's what we call change. For myself, I have changed and I have to admit, a lot.

I have become more opinionated since the last four years and I have become more and more expressionless. I look older when I talk but that's just the maturation process I guess, and in my case, my experiences gave me a great deal of material to talk about. I know that I view things, most things at a different perspective, and sometimes it made me look like a jerk just because I couldn't relate to most of the troubles that my peers are facing. I mean, how many of my peers actually reverted to Islam, for instance. Even that had ruled out so many. 

Before I become a Muslim, to be honest, I was so carefree but now all I do is think, and a lot more than I used to since the last 4 years. Perhaps all the trials, blow by blow, they gave me lots to think and my teacher is Allah himself, continuously giving me tests that sometimes I feel like giving up on life altogether, but of course, I don't. I still know my limits. 

I was hurt a lot of times, and sometimes my heart felt like exploding and what is wrong with crying a lot? I was not crying because I cannot brain the things that came to me; it is because I needed to be consoled by my Creator, I cry to Him because that is the moment I can totally be vulnerable. 

One thing you should know about me, I do not like to feel weak. So in front of people I can be as lively and chirpy as I can, but that doesn't mean that I am fake. It's no good to dwell and affect the people around me so yes, I can be that un-selfish. 

But of course, those sticks and stones, and sometimes, boulders, that were thrown at me, time after time, left me with such thick scars that they stop me from feeling sad for anything lower than that. Call me a jerk but when you have faced a greater trial, you wouldn't even cringe at a lesser one. For example, would you be grieved over being hit by a stone once in the past when you are now suffering because an entire building just decided to crash and fall while you're in it? Of course not. 

But then like the crash, the most important thing is that you're still alive. I think I should be glad that I get to feel sad at all because that's just an indication that I am still breathing since I can still feel pain. 

One thing for sure, I still wonder why people would want to read my blog. I think I was more 'angelic' back in the early days of blogging and all I wrote seems enlightening. But now all I do is write crappy entries. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)

Popular posts from this blog

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...

A letter for you

Date: 4th of September 2009 Assalamualaikum to my fellow sisters and brethrens, who will be one of the occupants in Jannah, insyaAllah. First of all, this is a letter that I composed to all viewers. A letter full of my real thoughts and dwellings, a letter of hope and pain, a letter of almost the truth. So here goes nothing. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, Dear brothers and sisters, The thing that triggered me to write such a letter is a post, that I read on someone’s blog. It reminded me, well, of about everything . Every single thing that I worked for, every single thing that I fought for. Yes, my story had started long enough, ever since I was back in high school. 2007.... My friend was fasting. I felt excited because I tried fasting too and it’s in the fasting month, yes, I remembered it well. I followed my Muslim friends where I woke up early for sahur and break my fast at Maghrib. I was doing it because I thought it would be fun and why not, since I was dead eager to k...