Skip to main content

How I Met My Husband


This is another post that I have been delaying to write. Sorry for not answering your questions thoroughly and on time. A girl's gotta think of other things, you know? 

Anyway, long story short, I owe it partly to this blog.

He(being my husband) found out about my blog from his friend's website back in October 2010. That time, I remembered him commenting on my post about what happened when I just told my dad about my reversion. 

I usually clicked on the comment's links to see if they have a blog and usually I will skim through their blog before deciding whether I want to have it on my reading list or not. So his blog appealed to me as he wrote in English. So yeah, I am generally more attracted to English language user. Does that make me a snob? I don't care either way. 

So anyways, I followed his blog for a while until his blog suddenly disappeared. 

Skip ahead to August 2011, I posted something about failure or something, seriously I don't remember but I remember a certain HearSay commenting on my blog and I found out that this HearSay person is actually the same person with Zarith Shafie(that's his blogger name by the way). 

In September, a certain someone added me on Facebook and I find that he was using the exact same photo that I once saw in this Zarith Shafie person blog. I approved his friend request and I sent a message saying that I think that he and Zarith Shafie is the same person. He freaked out in a weird but a cute way. He was like "OhmyGod OhmyGod how did you found out? What should I do?" Turns out that Facebook name is his real name(well, part of it) and from then on, we exchanged emails. 

Then one day, a mutual friend of ours asked me whether there is anything going on between us. Truth was, I was already falling for this guy because he didn't try to make a move or anything. And also, he wrote in good English(guys with good grammars are totally appealing to me btw) and he seems neutral in his messages. Annnd also because I find him amusing and interesting in a funny and weird way. (Sorry abang) 

But of course, I assumed that it was just another episode in my unrequited love series so I told that mutual friend(let's name him D) that I did feel something but I'm just gonna keep it to myself since I'm the only one feeling that way, and for me, if I felt that way, I always try to not let it continue any further because I don't want to get my hopes high.

D blabbed to me told me that it wasn't unrequited and I literally felt my eyes bulging to the brim of my eye sockets. So D offered to help me ask his friend about me because D have been wanting to match make us since he thought that we would make a great match.

Yes, you heard me. Technically, I made the first move. 

I am not ashamed of this. I think we girls should choose who we want to marry and who we think would be a good partner for life that can lead you towards Jannah. But that doesn't mean you should do it when you're lonely. You should think about this only when you are ready.

So anyway, after a few days, I finally got a reply and I was shocked when I knew that he accepted because I really thought that I would receive a rejection. 

Right afterwards, I called my mum, telling her about my intention of getting married early. Of course, it was  too early to know whether we would actually get married but I was just mentioning, so that she would know that I have that thought.

A month later, in November, we decided to meet up in Nilai where we will be meeting for the first time in the company of my younger bro. 

Then a month later I met his parents and lots of things happen yadda yadda and finally, after what seems an eternity of external and internal battles, on the 26th of August 2012, we got married. 

Honestly, I never knew this guy and we never met before we contacted each other via the blog. I was studying in SBP and him in MRSM. He went to UK but I stayed here in Kelantan. We would never have crossed path but we met at the right moment, at the right time, according to His plan.

Also, it is amazing how similar we look. 

Coincidence?

Nah, it is written





"Sometimes we can't just say "Allah has a better plan for us." 
We have to believe He does."

Comments

  1. sooooo sweet! very Khadijah-like kak Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet that level. Huhu :) I need to improve. A lot.

      Delete
  2. Subhanallah Subhanallah Subhanallah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...Sooooo sweet..though live-version is waaaaayyyyy better...=) when will you come here again??? miss you lah..

    ReplyDelete
  4. subhanallah :) may the love blooms till his Jannah, ameen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barakallah laka, wa barakallahu alaika wa jamaa bainakuma fi kulli khair...u stayed kelantan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, am studying here in Kelantan. USM. :)

      Delete
  6. kak farahhhh . betapa kita-kita ni rindu kan kak farah . :'(

    ReplyDelete
  7. can i just say AAAWW?

    although i kind of know the story a bit, still nice to read about it again. may Allah bless ur marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Speak good, or remain silent. (Bukhari & Muslim)

Popular posts from this blog

My dad's turn

because ALLAH is with me.... Earlier today i was shocked by a text message sent to me from one of my aunt from my dad's side. "Why didn't you tell me that you've become a Muslim? Sampai hati tak bagitau, bukan perkara tak baik pun." This raised a question mark in my head. Who told her? She's a Muslim by the way. Then onwards, after a few exchanging text messages, i finally come to a realization. I have to tell my dad before he found out from someone else. That would be worst. So, i started to type on my cellphone. "Daddy, i've become a Muslim. Ever since i'm at KTT. I am telling you via sms so that you will be clear of why i am doing this and so that you will not hear this from other people who might exaggerate the story. I didn't become a Muslim because i have a boyfriend. Not because i was influenced by my friends. And also not because i wanted to join PAS. But because i have taken interest in Islam ever since i'm at...

Mummy

Finally, after 1 and a half years(maybe more), the truth is out. I confessed to my mum about me being a Muslim. When I first told her, she was upset and angry. She asked me: Who influenced you into being one? Did u have a boyfriend? Who converted you? Did you know that it’s a big sin to convert when you are already baptized?! I was silent all the while she was bombarding me with her questions but Alhamdulillah, I feel calm and unmoved. I didn’t feel guilty at all. So I told her, Mummy, nobody forced me to become one. No, that is not the reason I become a Muslim. Do you notice that I’ve become more closer to you since past one and a half years?  And my mum said yes, you’ve become better but still… Then I said, it is because of Islam that I changed from my old ways. I used to yell at you but since I became a Muslim, I learned how to be better, to appreciate my parents better. And then she said something I expected she would say. No wonder you didn’t pass your ...

A letter for you

Date: 4th of September 2009 Assalamualaikum to my fellow sisters and brethrens, who will be one of the occupants in Jannah, insyaAllah. First of all, this is a letter that I composed to all viewers. A letter full of my real thoughts and dwellings, a letter of hope and pain, a letter of almost the truth. So here goes nothing. Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, Dear brothers and sisters, The thing that triggered me to write such a letter is a post, that I read on someone’s blog. It reminded me, well, of about everything . Every single thing that I worked for, every single thing that I fought for. Yes, my story had started long enough, ever since I was back in high school. 2007.... My friend was fasting. I felt excited because I tried fasting too and it’s in the fasting month, yes, I remembered it well. I followed my Muslim friends where I woke up early for sahur and break my fast at Maghrib. I was doing it because I thought it would be fun and why not, since I was dead eager to k...